Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been a while...

...but I can still remember just the way you taste, blogosphere. (Kind of fruity.)

Greater Chambana and the splendidly autumnal Midwest have kept me pretty busy for the past few weeks. I have gone on wonderful DAY TRIPS to archives in East St. Louis and Evanston (two very, very, very different places), cried tears of joy and then pain over the Red Sox at a local bar, visited to a orchard/pumpkin patch/kitcshfest with my roommates, been weirded out by Thandi Newton's "impersonation" of Condi Rice, and done lots and lots and lots of busy work. (So much busy work. But if you need to compare owls and bats for your third grade paper ever, I'm your woman.)

I really love library school, as I think I have mentioned. Somebody told me today that I was a born reference librarian (thanks, friend who told me that!) It's a really good feeling to have found something that I like and am somewhat ok at (fuck false modesty. I am AMAZING at this). However, I am already thinking of places to move after I'm done with the program:
  • NEW YORK: Pros: everyone I know lives there, lots of culture and fun, great seasons, the Morgan. Cons: everyone I know lives there (KIDDING!), expensive as shit, made me mildly insane over the course of six years.
  • PHILADELPHIA: Pros: seems cool, lots of museums, Erin is there (hi Erin!), cheap, cheesesteaks. Cons: Have spent probably less than 48 hours total there, so I don't really know.
  • CHICAGO: Pros: has really come from behind (heh) to be one of my fave towns. Cheap, lots of stuff to do, fun people. Cons: far from the folks at home, really cold.
  • ALASKA: I would really prefer not to move to Alaska.
  • ANYWHERE ELSE???
Weigh in, friends! Or don't because maybe no one is reading anymore...

I am going to New York the day after tomorrow! I can't wait to see everybody, eat some delicious food, and go to the Guggenheim.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The blog is back in town! It was lonely in the 'sphere without you.

Unknown said...

Well, Alaska does have some pretty fine mountains. But it's also 4,000 miles from everything. Besides, Chicago's basically the coolest town on earth. The only thing better than three million Midwesterners is four million Midwesterners, and you just can't get that.