Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hoosier? I hardly know her!

Today I went to a place I had never been before--the great state of Indiana. True story--several years ago, I forgot Indiana was a state. I am embarrassed now. Indiana is totally a state, and an important one indeed to the future of our country, for it is a swingy, swingy little state. Of course, now it is a radiant midnight blue, thanks to the canvassing work of this lady here.

Indiana looked strikingly similar to Illinois. There was much corn, and some small towns with antique stores and such. We were canvassing a subdivision outside Lafayette (where Purdue is). Here were some of the subdivision's street names.:
  • Waterstone Drive
  • Waterfall Court
  • Stoneripple Court
  • Stonegate Circle
  • Stonegate Court
  • Stoneripple Circle
Please imagine trying to tell these apart. On foot. With clipboard.

Then there was another subdivision:
  • John Adams Street
  • George Washington Lane
  • Thomas Jefferson Drive
  • Pennypackers Mill Road
So apparently that last one is the name of a Revolutionary War battle site in Pennsylvania. At the time, though, we did not know that, and we thought it was rather endlessly hilarious.

I think I mayyyy have convinced one lady to vote for Obama. Dawn, if you're reading--remember what we talked about! Then we went to a soda fountain. I loved Indiana. Also, me and my co-canvassing partner discussed Obama's probable Jedi status with an 8-yr old boy. If he could only vote!

No comments: