Friday, December 12, 2008

Gimme a toot-toot, now gimme a beep-beep

I am done with my first semester of library school! To quote my friend Sarah, I am now 25% of a librarian. Actually, I just crunched the numbers, and I am actually 30% of a librarian, credit-wise. Exciting! Celebrate good times, come on! It's a celebration. I still have to go to work til next Thursday, so no cold lampin' yet. But it feels good to be finished with classes. Today I am lounging around, then going to the library (some things never change, oookaaay?), getting my hair cut, and whipping something up for the GSLIS holiday party tonight. Great day, right?

Oh man, I am listening to WILL-AM, the local NPR station, which is seriously weather obsessed (they actually have a feature where people CALL IN and ask meteorologist Ed Keeser, whose name I know better than my own, so frequently has it been mentioned on Morning Edition, what the weather will be like in Decatur or Mt. Zion or Memphis or wherever their weekend travels take them, as if they had no access to a TV or the internet or any other means of weather prediction other than CALLING SOMEONE ON THE RADIO; Pat thinks it's just an excuse for people to brag about their weekend plans) and the host dude just said to Ed "if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute!" I thought people didn't actually say that. Turns out it is alive and kicking here in downstate Illinois.

Ok, time to shower and visit Champaign Public!

No comments: