Friday, December 5, 2008

Law and Order SVU is funner than actually being a lawyer

Ok, it has been a month since I last posted. That is fairly unacceptable. But I've been working SO HARD in library school that I just cannot blog. Ha, I am lying. Library school is pretty easy, guys. I highly recommend it as an alternative to law school if you are a humanities major with no job prospects:
  • It is usually way cheaper than law school.
  • Classmates are cool and helpful, not shitty and undermining.
  • It's really pretty easy to get in. Even Illinois, which is apparently the cream of the crop (woooo creamy) accepts a third of its applicants. Last year, I think Yale Law took two people. That's just what I heard.
  • No LSATs. Only GREs. And really, not even the GREs.
  • You don't want to kill yourself from depression when you graduate and actually have to get a job in your field of study (I'm looking at you, sad lawyers!)
  • The bulk of your classwork is watching YouTube videos.
I kid! I have actually learned some things (for real). I guess the main problem with librarianship vs. lawyering is that you don't make any money as a librarian. I will rebut with this point: we will not have money, as a currency, in five years. We will resort to an all-barter economy. So work on amassing some cows, and go to library school! I'll see you in Champ-Urb.

Final thought--it is so so cold out. I want to die. When people here find out my parents are from Maine, they are always like "Ohh, Maine! Must be pretty cold!" It was 37 degrees in Maine today. It was SEVEN degrees here this morning. I don't even want to talk about the real-feel temp. I don't know how I am going to get through winter, people... I am already wearing a coat that is the equivalent of a down pillow, and I am freezing my tail off. (That's a literary device--I don't really have a tail.)

No comments: