Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello, Wisconsin!

Spring! The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, I am procrastinating, and Midwesterners are getting married. This weekend I journeyed in a rented Prius to my mom's old stomping grounds  to celebrate the wedded bliss of two very nice people who I had never met before. Beautiful wedding, though! You haven't heard the Song of Songs 'til you've heard it read with a Minnesota accent. Due to my heathen-y, unbaptized state, I had to awkwardly stay seated during the Communion part of the ceremony, but better that than be smited by a vengeful God, I say. And I got to cross another state off my list. Since moving to the Midwest I have now visited for the first time Indiana, Missouri, and Wisconsin, and I am soon to see the Bluegrass State. That's right, I am going CAMPING this weekend in Kentucky. Anyone who knows me well, or indeed has talked to me for about five minutes, knows that camping is not my go-to form of recreation. In fact, as a child, my family would force me to go hiking, and my mother bribed me with M&Ms so that I would keep on putting one tiny, weary foot in front of the other. However! I am going with very fun people, and I am optimistic that this will be a good time. We can always drink, right?

I am pretty much the last person in GSLIS to be still working on a paper. Yes, blogging is my way of doing work. Here is my 100% accurate log of paper-writing:

7:45 AM  Up and at them! Let's work on that paper, eh? Then I can have fun tonight.
8:00 Can't do anything without coffee. I'll make instant to save time.
8:30 AM Oh, man, I forgot about my laundry. Folding time! Folding timmme, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
9:00 AM Hmm, maybe I will work better at the public library. I'll just walk on over.
9:30 AM Ooh, look, the library has the new US Weekly! That Jon & Kate scandal--I just can't resist.
10:00 AM Ok, paper. Hey, my paper is about Facebook, so I should probably do some research by stalking people I went to high school with.
10:30 AM Hey, my paper is about Twitter, so I should probably do some research by stalking current grad school friends.
11:00 AM Why do so many celebrities Twitter? I will read some celebrity gossip and get to the bottom of this.
11:30 AM I haven't blogged in a while! Got to say what's up to the adoring public.

And so on. Amazingly, I have 8 of 10 pages done. That is all that stands between me and being 60% done with library school!! 

1 comment:

alex(andra) said...

GENIUS! your blog is my favorite midwest product