Monday, August 18, 2008

I was livin in a devil town

Ok, so my love for Champaign cooled briefly this weekend when I went and saw Brideshead Revisited and three people walked out of the theater after the dude-on-dude kiss scene (Diana's comment--"Even after Brokeback??"). Also I have been to FOUR bike stores, including a skeevy hipster bike labyrinth (tm Jeff), and have nary one bike to my name. I know I am short, but come on, aren't there children my size?

But the weather continues to delight, and I've now seen the largest thing ever on earth (the Meijer superstore by the mall, if you are curious), so I can't really complain. And I ate some delicious sushi. Win some/lose some, is what I've heard.

My GA orientation began today. I learned many interesting (read: not actually interesting) facts about the library. Except I can check out a PSP! For real. A shitload of people are married here...it's intense.

I checked a book out of the Urbana Free Library today and the girl behind the counter recognized my name because she made our packets. It's not a big town, as it turns out. I mean, neither of the towns are big.

Gah, I miss New York.

No comments: