Tuesday, August 26, 2008

After the Sweetcorn Festival, it's all gonna be downhill

Whew, I haven't even had a minute to blog. You KNOW that means I'm busy. OK, maybe I have had some downtime, but I spent it blubbering over Michelle Obama and the hot teens of Friday Night Lights (so hot! so many feelings!).

It was an action-packed weekend in the Middle West--the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit system could barely keep up with my zigzags of these other, finer twin cities. It was like a Family Circus cartoon up in this joint. Friday I spent in library school orientation, which got me very excited about the various library schoolings I can undertake. I then went to the gym. A word on the gyms here: the "less fancy" gym has a WATER SLIDE. The new, fancy one, which opened last Thursday, cost $57 million and is ridiculous. Basically you are massaged during the entire time you are working out.

After my luxury workout, I went to a party hosted by the Graduate Student Union, which--as it turns out--I am not a member of. Sorry dudes, thanks for the free beer. Saturday was a whirlwhind of activity, a highlight of which was the Sweetcorn Festival--oh that sweet, sweet corn--especially watching the Lady Bugs perform (please please click you will not be sorry. Highly recommend the song about sandwiches. Also they are all sisters!!). I met some more really nice folks, 4/5 of whom were married (told you so). Another highlight was a delightful dinner party I went to hosted by some English Department folks. A lowlight? The two hours I spent getting from the former to the latter.

Lots more archiving, too--I even solved my first reference query. Who's got two thumbs and located Prof. Elmer Roberts' history of plant pathologies? This lady. I'm not gonna lie--cutting the snark here--it was fuckin great. Today I had my first class, Reference. I loved it. Ask me anything, and I swear I can tell you the answer. Go!

2 comments:

spectre said...

FYI

ripping of the pizza bagel song has dire consequences

Lizzie said...

Yes, but this time it's a POLKA