Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pre-Paign

Right now I am not in Paign, or in pain for that matter, unless you count watching the Red Sox give up a 10-run lead in 2 innings to the fucking Rangers, which definitely smarts a little.

I am totally blogging, though. Jumping the gun?

In restful P-Vegas; I just returned from a 24-hour jaunt to Boston, where I enjoyed a fab group dinner at Bertucci's (high school flashback!) and where eight of us discovered the true bond between a lady and her Maine Coon cat:

"I turned the lights out and got in bed and then I felt McGonnigle climb on my bed and go to sleep between my legs and I thought for a first night in a strange place, that was pretty cool."

Also a few people gave me tips about living in the Midwest. Liz, you were totally right about that whole White Zin thing. Everyone loves that shit (well, this one girl's mom did). I'm shipping a case ahead; I figure I'll dole bottles out like party favors and the town will fall to its knees. Ooh maybe I can throw them out from my bike like in a parade (thought--minibottles less hazardous??)

All in all, it was a lovely trip--I feel like I've been bidding farewell to New England. New York is too sad to write about right now.

Question: Did I or did I not go see Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 (TWO!!) by myself at 1:15 on a Tuesday? Just like a pedophile. It's ok 'cause me and America F. are totally spirit sisters. I bet the pants would fit me, too, even though I don't ever wear pants. I would probs make an exception.

Flight leaves for the corn/libes school Thursday morning. I'm gonna blog it all, folks.

EDIT: It's 10:26 and my father just told me not to "forget" to go to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i am pleased that this blog exists.

Liz said...

you have a blog!

I found it. I found your blog.

Eleanor said...

i found your blog too! hip hip hooray!